About the Hands On Trade Membership Association
Hands On Trade, Code of Ethics, Meet the President.
The Hands On Trade Association is a membership association of professionals who care for body, hair, skin and nails in fields related to touch. We know what kind of tools that practitioners need to have a healthy, secure and successful business.
Established in 2000, we are directed by Judi Calvert. Judi has made it her life’s mission to promote and educate touch therapists and professionals about the importance of the job they do every day. She is committed to improving lives through touch and Hands On Trade is an extension of that mission.
- We care deeply about the industries we cover and want you to be successful.
- We seek to be a partner in your success, not just a faceless association.
- We believe in acting morally and ethically in our activities.
- We aim to be a bridge between the different modalities we cover.
- We have made it our goal to spread the good word about the modalities we cover because we believe everyone benefits from your work.
Code of Ethics
- I will make a difference in this world by providing positive and valuable hands-on services.
- I will strive as an individual therapist or technician to keep my body and mental state healthy so I can provide the highest quality professional service to my clients.
- I will respect each client with no judgment or discrimination in a private and confidential manner.
- I will abide by the licensing laws of the state/city/county in which I practice my profession.
- I will continue to grow as a professional therapist or technician by taking new classes for education whenever possible as required by law.
Our President Judi Calvert: 35 Years of Trust and Integrity
Judi Calvert is the President of the Hands On Trade Association, created in 2000. She has been practicing massage therapy for 35 years and has devoted her life to educating the public and the profession about the benefits of massage and bodywork.
Highlights of Judi Calverts biography:
- Judi co-founded Massage Magazine in 1985 and sold it in 2005. She has traveled around the world as a massage ambassador, interviewing many people in the field of massage and bodywork and documenting the stories of their work.
- In 1992, Judi co-founded the Anatriptic Arts Expo, the first international showcase of Hands-On Healing Arts. It brought together teachers of massage and bodywork styles from around the world. It was repeated again 2002.
- In 1995, Judi co-created the High Touch Tour, a twelve city tour to help educate the public about the art and science of massage therapy and body work.
- In 1997, she drove to Sturgis, South Dakota for the Harley Davidson Rally and took over 60 massage therapists to work on the people that attended the rally. It was the first time that massage was done at any rally of this kind.
- In 2004, Judi co-founded the World of Massage Museum. This was the first and only museum in the world dedicated to the history of massage. She has assembled over 4,000 historic objects and images into various presentation formats.
- In 2008, Judi was inducted into the Massage Hall Of Fame. The Hall of Fame is a part of the World Massage Festival.
- In 2013, Judi Calvert was approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a Continuing Education Approved Provider. She offers a Three Credit CEU on the History of Massage.
To learn more about her CEU, please visit www.facebook.com/historyofmassage
Judi continues to support and promote Hands On Trade Professionals in her daily activities.
Watch this video as Judi shares information about her company and her personal business philosophy.